Celebrity host of 2017 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards confirmed
Mich Turner MBE and professional cake designer to the stars, has been confirmed as the celebrity host of this year’s Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards.
Mich hosted the glittering event last year to much critical acclaim. She will now return to Chesterfield College’s Heart Space building on Wednesday 25 October where she will announce the winners across 13 categories in the annual awards.
Nominations for the popular awards close on Monday 12 June 2017. People who want to see their favourite eatery, pub, bar and food producers recognised in the prestigious awards can nominate across 10 categories at www.chesterfield.co.uk/foodanddrinkawards .
Founder and director of London-based Little Venice Cake Company, Mich has created over 10,000 cakes including those for Her Majesty the Queen, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Gordon Ramsay and David Beckham.
As well as her high profile cakes that have been featured in films, Mich has also presented and judged Britain’s Best Bakery, one of the top five performing daytime TV shows on ITV, as well as her own Mich Turner’s Couture Cakes for Sky. In addition to her TV credits, Mich also has six international best-selling books to her name, with the latest title ‘Have Your Cake and Eat It’ published in March 2017
Delighted to be hosting the 2017 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards Mich Turner said: “I am so happy to be returning to the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards once again. Last year was a wonderful occasion and a delight to see so many individuals and businesses recognised for their contribution to the town’s hospitality scene.”
The popular awards return for the fifth year running and are organised by Destination Chesterfield in association with the Chesterfield College Group.
The 10 categories in which you can nominate in the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards include:
• Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
• Café/Tea Room of the Year – sponsored by Custom Solar
• Gastro Pub of the Year – sponsored by Arvato
• Pub / Bar of the Year – sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
• Best Newcomer – sponsored by BHP Accountants
• Best Customer Service – sponsored by East Midlands Chamber
• Best Out of Town (within 10 miles of Chesterfield) – sponsored by Shorts Accountants
• Chesterfield Food Producer – presented by Chesterfield College
• International Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by MSE Hiller
• Family Friendly Award – sponsored by Jumble Design
Other supporters of the awards include the Derbyshire Times, Peak FM, the Crooked Spire Church, Casa Hotel, Mitchells Accountants and Business Advisors, Owen Taylor & Sons, ra Information Systems, Black Eyed Susan, Franklin and Sons Ltd, Addooco, Steve Faulkner and Reflections.