The future development and regeneration of 150 hectares of former industrial land in the Staveley area of Chesterfield is a long term vision to remove industrial dereliction and improves the landscape at the same time as creating an opportunity for new housing, significant employment opportunities and green infrastructure. The development will also improve the linkages between existing communities.
The objectives are to:
- Create new employment opportunities
- Develop a range of high quality house types
- Improve connections between Barrow Hill, Staveley and Hollingwood
- Enhance tourism and leisure opportunities
- Provide an integrated transport network including public transport provision, enhanced footpath and cycle provision and an agreed programme of highways improvements
- Enhance the natural environment
Extensive baseline and feasibility work has been carried out by Taylor Young, BE Group and Aecom. An Area Action Plan is available.