Becoming HS2 Ready
This event is open to all potential supply chain organisations and will provide information on what is required of beneficiaries of the wide-ranging procurement opportunities that HS2 will bring and is delivered in partnership with:
It will aim to highlight that the opportunities do not just apply to the engineering and construction sectors, but much across a much wider portfolio.
On the day the agenda will include:
- A presentation from HS2 Supply Chain Team Lead – providing a clear view on the wide range of opportunities that HS2 will bring. Robin will dispel some of the myths about the range of opportunities available to SMEs, including detail of their procurement criteria. This will enable businesses to prepare well in advance, by aligning themselves to the requirements set by HS2, which will inevitably filter down the supply chain.
- ACAS, Kenneth Bamford, Senior Adviser– Overview of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion compliance set by HS2 including the support offered to the HS2 Supply Chain
- Dr Fred Paterson, Derby Business School, Low Carbon Network, University of Derby – Sustainabiltiy, Innovation and Collaboration
- Panel Discussion and Q & A – this will cover the main criterion highlighted in the HS2 Procurement Guide. These key criteria areas, applied during procurement and delivery, are set against the HS2 strategic goals and a number of criteria weighted to reflect the contract requirements. The key areas are as follows:
- Sustainability, innovation and collaboration
- Environmental Sustainability
- Health and Safety
- Equality, Diversion and Inclusion (EDI)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Employment and Upskilling
There will be an opportunity to hear from experts in each of these fields with the opportunity to ask questions
Please note, we expect high demand for this event, therefore please ensure that there is only one delegate per organisation booked to attend