D2 Business Starter Programme
Thinking of starting a new business? Do you want to be your own boss?
Do you have the beginnings of a business idea that could make you money?
Whatever stage your business idea is at the D2 Business Starter programme can offer you all the support you need to become a successful entrepreneur and get your business started.
What support is available?
- FREE 8-session workshops over four weeks – these will be held at local venues across the county, and cover a wide range of subjects to help you develop your business idea further.
- Enterprise Adviser – receive one-to-one support from an experienced professional to enable you to create and develop realistic and innovative business ideas and motivate you to focus on achieving your business goals.
- ICT Adviser – receive support to understand, implement, adopt and exploit digital technology to ensure your new business is reaching the widest possible markets.
The following series of eight workshops over four weeks will be held in Chesterfield, and will covering the following topics:
- Is it for me – the skills needed to run a business
- Building business relationships
- Understanding your market
- Financial planning
- Sales and marketing
- Marketing strategy
- Business planning
- Laws and legislation
Each session will cover a different subject area, and aims to give you an explanation of self-employment and business practise, and develop business plan content. Each session will be delivered by an experienced and professional trainer who is knowledgeable in the subjects being covered and the world of business.
Your individual needs will be assessed once registered and we will arrange the most suitable workshops for you to attend in line with your skills and experience