Free Business Workshop: PR/ Media Awareness
Free Business Workshop: PR/ Media Awareness is open to Chesterfield and North Derbyshire businesses – maximum 1 delegate per organisation.
It is ideal for small Chesterfield businesses that want to increase the effectiveness of their advertising and marketing by gaining editorial coverage online and in their local newspapers and magazines.
The workshop is tried and tested and works! The Media Awareness workshop will give you the skills, tools and tips to help you get news coverage in your local media to support the growth of your business. A DIY approach to PR!
It’s a practical, hands-on workshop by the end of which, you will have begun to develop the skills and understanding to gain editorial coverage for your organisation.
Objectives of the workshop:
1. To understand the media, what it is and the opportunities for ‘free’ coverage that exist
2. To become confident in talking to journalists and develop and maintain relationships with them
3. To know what makes a story and how to find the ‘hook’
4. To understand what a press release is and how to write that all-important headline and first paragraph that will grab a journalist’s attention
5. To understand how to use the tools, resources and information provided through the workshop to achieve and sustain positive local media coverage for your business.
This workshop is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
Thursday 8th March 2018
Thursday 6th September 2018