Black Forest Gateau
Calabria Cucina, Winner of Best Customer Service Award at the 2014 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards and Restaurant of the Year and Best Customer Service at the 2013 awards, share their delicious Black Forest Gateau recipe.
Black Forest Gateau by Calabria
4tbs Cocoa Powder
12tbs Olive Oil
4tbs Baking Powder
12 Egg Yolks
12 Egg Whites
- Pre heat oven at 180 C.
- Melt Chocolate and butter over a bain marie.
- Mix melted chocolate and butter with cocoa powder, olive oil and baking powder.
- Once the mix has slightly cooled add the egg yolks.
- Whisk the egg whites. Slowly adding sugar until stiff peak. Fold into the chocolate mix.
- Place mixture in a baking tray using baking parchment.
- Bake for 30-40 mins.
- Cut into portions to suit.
- Serve and Enjoy. Dress with Vanilla mascarpone cream, mint leaves, cubes of jelly and fresh cherries.