Peanut and Chocolate Torte
Calabria Cucina, Winner of Best Customer Service Award at the 2014 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards and Restaurant of the Year and Best Customer Service at the 2013 awards, shares their delicious Peanut and Chocolate Torte. This recipe is taken from Taste, a mouth-watering recipe book produced by Chesterfield College to raise money for Ashgate Hospicecare.
The books are now on sale for £5 from Ashgate Hospicecare shops, Chesterfield College, Chesterfield Football Club, Calabria, Jacksons the Bakers and Maison Mes Amis.
Calabria Cucina Peanut and Chocolate Torte
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- x4 Whole Eggs
- 50g Plain Flour
- 50g Peanuts
- 200g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c/Gas Mark 4, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
2. Slowly melt the butter and chocolate together.
3. Whisk eggs and sugar for 5 mins until thick
4. Add chocolate, butter mix to the egg/sugar mix and fold in. Add flour and peanuts and fold in
5. Put folded mixture into the baking tray and bake for 30-40 mins