Time is ticking to nominate your favourite shop or store in Chesterfield. Nominations for the town’s popular retail awards, which are organised by Destination Chesterfield and sponsored by Learning Unlimited – part of Chesterfield College Group, close on Monday 6 April at midnight. Shoppers can nominate at www.chesterfield.co.uk/retailawards
However, if you miss the nomination deadline, shoppers still have one more chance to vote in the Vicar Lane Shopping Centre’s Retailer of the Year Award. Vicar Lane Shopping Centre and Destination Chesterfield want to help find the town’s favourite retailer based on Vicar Lane and Steeplegate in the town centre.
The Vicar Lane Award will be presented by the Centre at the 2015 Chesterfield Retail Awards being held on on 24 June 2015 at the Winding Wheel.
Voting for the Vicar Lane Award opens on the 2 April until 30 April and can be done in any of the 40 shops and stores in Vicar Lane Shopping Centre or online at www.vicarlaneshoppingcentre.co.uk
Vicar Lane Shopping Centre Manager Sonia Kolomijez said: “Last year’s Chesterfield Retail Awards were a huge success and really got the town talking – shoppers and retailers alike. It made sense to work in partnership with Destination Chesterfield in order to celebrate the best Vicar Lane retailer. It’s easy to vote and I would encourage as many shoppers as possible to take the opportunity to do so and help us find and celebrate their favourite retailer.”
The Vicar Lane Retailer of the Year winner will join winners from across 14 categories in the Chesterfield Retail Awards, which include:
• Hair and Beauty Business of the Year
• Fashion and Footwear Retailer of the Year
• Jewellery and Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by the Pavements Shopping Centre
• Home and Gifts Retailer of the Year
• Children’s Clothes, Toys & Accessories Retailer of the Year
• Food and Drink Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by BHP Accountants
• Phones and Technology Retailer of the Year
• Leisure Retailer of the Year (Sports, Hobbies, Crafts or Outdoor)
• Market Trader of the Year – Sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
• Independent Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Jumble Design
• National/ Multiple Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Vicar Lane
• Excellence in Customer Service – Sponsored by Learning Unlimited
• Market Hall Business of the Year – Sponsored by Kier
• Best New Store (Opened 2014/2015) – Sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
There is also an additional Retailer of the Year award, sponsored by East Midlands Chamber, which will be announced at the awards ceremony. Other supporters of the 2015 Chesterfield Retail Awards include eBusiness works and the Derbyshire Times.
This year, retailers can support their call for nominations by submitting a short 20 second video explaining why shoppers should nominate their business. Videos should be emailed to email@example.com and will appear on Destination Chesterfield’s website, Facebook page and Twitter.
There are limited sponsorship opportunities still available if you are interested in becoming involved please contact Dom Stevens on 01246 207207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo shows winners of the 2014 Chesterfield Retail Awards.