Accessibility Champion Webinars – Marketing Peak District and Derbyshrie
About this event
Are you ready? As a visitor economy business, do you feel ready to provide the information, facilities and services that will help you to maximise your share of this lucrative, growing market and play your part in its growth? If not, then this training programme is for you!
The Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire Accessibility Champion programme, delivered by Access For all UK, aims to create an ‘in-house’ accessibility resource for your organisation who will be able to do just that.
This ground-breaking programme, delivered over a series of 5 webinars provides an insight into the barriers faced by visitors with additional access needs and provides practical tips as to how these may be overcome.
By the end of the programme delegates will be able to:
- Understand the barriers faced by disabled people and how to help overcome them
- Carry out a simple accessibility audit of your site
- Produce a Sensory Story for your venue
- Design an effective Touch Tour
- Create an on-line accessibility guide for your venue
- Market the accessibility of your venue locally and nationally
- Have increased your confidence in creating a warm welcome for all!
There will be ‘take-aways’ including ‘best practice’ guidance at the end of each session and the opportunity to put learning into practice in between each workshop.
Having successfully completed the 5 webinars delegates will receive their Accessibility Champion certificate as well as a certificate to display within their business and a website ‘badge’. Candidates will also become members of the National Network of Accessibility Champions: an ongoing learning and support network across Access For All UK Accessibility Champions across the U.K.
The webinar dates and times are below.
We would like as may businesses within Derbyshire & the Peak District to become Accessibility Champions and complete all 5 webinars, however we do understand that in some instances this may not be possible. Please indicate in the registration which webinars you are able to attend.
*Please note only businesses who have attended all 5 webinars will be awarded Accessibility Champions status.
- Tuesday, 26th April: Introduction to Accessible Tourism 10:00 – 12:00
- Tuesday, 3rd May: Understanding Access Needs (Part 1)10:00 – 12:00 (Visitors who are Deaf or have Hearing Loss, Visitors who are Blind or have Sight Loss)
- Tuesday, 10th May: Understanding Access Needs (Part 2) 10:00 – 12:00 (Visitors with mobility impairment, Changing Places)
- Tuesday, 17th May: Understanding Access Needs (Part 3) 10:00 – 12:00 (Visitors with Autism, Visitors with Dementia)
- Tuesday, 24th May: Marketing Your Accessibility 10:00 – 12:00
*You will recieve a link to each webinar in a separate email, please check your inbox. If you have not recieved a zoom link at least 24hrs prior to the webinar please e-mail email@example.com
These webinars are free for visitor economy businesses based in Derbyshire to attend as it is funded by the European Regional Development Fund through our Developing and Growing the Visitor Economy within Derbyshire project. Attendance will require you to compete an eligibility application form prior to attendance. By booking on to the workshop you are agreeing to attend, should you be unable to attend, failure to cancel your booking within 48 hours of the workshop will result in us invoicing you for £250 + VAT per person; the commercial cost of the session.