Assertiveness & Confidence Building
This webinar is suitable for those who wish to explore the concepts and behaviours linked with assertive behaviours, and to understand how these can improve self confidence and outcomes in a business context. Particularly those where they are dealing with difficult situations or people, the order to better support the business.
This webinar will cover:
- The importance of effective communication and what assertiveness is and isn’t
- Assertiveness and remote working – conference calls, emails etc.
- Skills & behaviours of assertive communicators
- The power of words and inflection.
- How to say no in the right way to unreasonable requests.
- How to deal with pressured situations in a controlled way, and how to manage “aggressors”.
- Overcoming barriers to assertiveness
- Learned behaviours and gut reactions
- Links between self esteem & confidence
- The importance of verbal & non verbal behaviours
- How to make assertive requests
- Real life situations & applying different strategies & tactics for effective outcome
Who should attend
Those who want to explore the concepts of confidence building, assertive behaviours and those who regularly deal with difficult situations or people in a business context. This webinar is aimed at SME businesses.
Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for this webinar.
- 2.00pm – 2.45pm – Webinar presentation
- 2.45pm – 3.00pm – Break
- 3.00pm – 3.45pm – Webinar presentation
- 3.45pm – 4.00pm – Q&A
A highly regarded and experienced trainer and coach with a engaging and interactive style of delivery. Over the past 20 years Debbie has worked extensively with a broad range of organisations to help improve performance through developing a passion for good practice in leadership development, training and coaching. Debbie’s background is as a learning and development specialist at Argos and Poundstretcher. She is a member of CIPD and an ILM approved Trainer and Coach at Challenge Consulting, an Award winning provider of Leadership & Management Development Programmes.
This webinar is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub and East Midlands Chamber of Commerce.