Getting Started with Google Tag Manager
Do you want to learn more about Google Tag Manager so that you can set it up for common tags, including Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and LinkedIn? If you do, this webinar will show you how to install and set it up to start getting the most from it.
Google Tag Manager is a free platform that makes it easy for you to add analytics tracking codes (tags) to your website – without the need for coding expertise. These support various analytical tools including Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel, in turn allowing you and your team to track key data, such as conversions, on specific pages.
Who should attend this webinar?
This webinar is aimed at business owners and professionals who manage their own website. It’s delivered at an intermediate level, so you don’t need to have any technical knowledge to attend and we’ll give you all the guidance to get the most from Google Tag Manager with ease.
This webinar is aimed at SMEs. Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire for this webinar.
What will we cover?
- Understanding what Google Tag Manager is and how it works.
- Setting up your Google Tag Manager account and installing it on your website.
- Adding common tags (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel etc.) and creating triggers to fire them.
- Creating Events for Google Analytics to track downloads, form submissions and other actions.
- Adding your own code for cookie notices and email overlays.
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Add or remove tags without needing the help of a web developer.
- Send data back via the tags and add code to their website for features such as cookie notices.
- Create rules about how the tags should operate and send information from web pages to the platforms the tags belong to.
- Gather extra data in Google Analytics, such as scroll depth (how far down a page, users scroll), tracking video plays or if a visitor prints a page.
- Use Google Tag Manager to implement features such as cookie notices and email subscription overlays.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the session:
- 10.00am – 10.45am – Webinar presentation
- 10.45am – 11.00am – Break
- 11.00am – 11.45am – Webinar presentation
- 11.45am – 12.00pm – Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this webinar?
Ian Lockwood is an Online Marketing and Web Design Specialist, who has worked with the Chamber since 2007. He specialises in SEO, PPC, Google Analytics and conversion rate optimisation.
During his 20-year career Ian has helped B2B and B2C businesses across all sectors to get the most from their online presence.