Getting Started with Paid Digital Advertising
Paid Digital Advertising gives business owners an amazing opportunity to reach both new and existing customers whilst they are actively online. These consumer activities might include: Searching on Google or Microsoft Bing, Scrolling through their Facebook feed, Looking through Instagram stories and discovery feeds for inspiration or using LinkedIn for professional networking and prospecting.
Paid Digital Advertising gives business owners the chance to gain new customers at the precise moment someone is looking for your product or services.
Adults in the UK spend, on average, between 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours 2 minutes per day online, with over 50% of this time spent on Social Media activities. Whilst there are billions of searches every day across Google & Bing.
This provides huge opportunities for businesses to reach people who could be interested in their products or services at the exact time they are looking.
But every paid digital channel might not be relevant, and the online workshop will look at how B2B and B2C advertising is different across these platforms, and how each could relate to your business.
Who should attend this workshop?
This online workshop is ideal for business owners or marketing teams looking to grow their customer base, and are looking at paid digital advertising for the first time, or have tried it in the past.
This workshop is aimed at SMEs. Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
What will we cover?
- The difference between search advertising and social advertising
- How search advertising works (Google & Microsoft Bing)
- How display advertising works (Google & Microsoft Bing)
- How social advertising works (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn)
- How to measure success from Paid Digital Advertising
- How to capture data to improve your advertising strategies
- Monitoring and managing your paid digital campaigns
- Ideas around remarketing or retargeting paid digital strategies
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this workshop, you will:
- Understand the vast differences between search and social advertising.
- Know which platforms to consider first for your type of business.
- Learn how to monitor and manage your paid digital campaigns.
- Understand the importance of measuring conversions from your advertising.
- Learn how to capture information to potential remarket or retarget non converting web visitors.
This is an interactive, Action Planning Online Workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop. For the best user experience, we recommend joining the workshop using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser.
- 10.00am – 10.50am – Workshop presentation
- 10.50am – 11.00am – Break
- 11.00am – 11.50am – Workshop presentation
- 11.50am – 12.00pm – Break
- 12.00pm – 12.45pm – Workshop presentation
- 12.45pm – 1.00pm – Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this workshop?
Liam Lally is owner of Zaddle Internet Marketing based in Welton. Liam is a Digital Marketing Expert, Google AdWords certified partner and certified Hootsuite professional, who provides businesses of all sizes with advice and training or full management of their Google AdWords PPC campaigns.
This workshop is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.