How to Think Creatively to Survive and Thrive
Are you responsible for implementing strategies to keep your business moving forward in this ever-changing and challenging environment? Has the pandemic forced you out of the comfortable patterns of work? Do you need to problem-solve and develop new ideas at pace to keep step with the changing tempo of business? If you do, this creative thinking webinar could be just what you need to get started.
Thinking ‘outside the box’ may be a well-worn business adage, but right now it could be considered ‘business critical’. The ability to remain dexterous and react to recent challenges and shifts creatively, could be the difference between thriving and grinding to a complete standstill.
The pandemic has pushed most of us out of our comfort zones and made it a necessity to reassess the way we do things. As with any major changes gaining ‘buy in’ from the people in your business is essential, but not always easy. Rethinking and reconfiguring the way you work can be tricky, especially when current ways of working have become deeply engrained over the years.
In 2010, IBM conducted a survey of 1,500 CEOs around the world. The CEOs overwhelmingly responded, it was creativity that will play the biggest role to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing world, ‘more than rigor, management discipline, integrity or even vision’.
This session highlights the need to ‘adapt to survive’ and looks at the key ways we can evolve behaviours, thinking and long-standing working practices, to improve commercial outlooks and drive growth.
Who should attend this session?
This session is a must if you’re a business owner or leader who, as a result of the pandemic, is now looking to evolve and re-evaluate the way you and your teams operate together. It looks at adapting roles and responsibilities and adopting an innovative approach to supporting resilience and driving growth, in a fast-changing landscape.
Please note that this workshop is open to trading SMEs based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Businesses located outside of this area will be unable to attend and instead directed to alternative support.
What will be covered?
- Looking at how your business currently problem solves.
- Thinking creatively and understanding how this can benefit your business.
- Using the ‘six hats’ method of thinking, to run your next problem-solving session.
- Making collaboration work for you – using everyone’s experience.
What outcomes can you expect?
- You’ll leave this engaging session equipped with:
- A heightened understanding of how to get the best from your teams, by empowering them to work more creatively and co-operatively.
- The ability to develop new priorities for work, the workplace and the workforce, to survive and thrive in the post-Covid world.
- An understanding of how to mobilise the ‘six hats’ thinking method at your next problem-solving meeting.
- Take away ideas to build and sustain an environment for creative and collaborative thinking.
This is an interactive, Action Planning Online Workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop. For the best user experience, we recommend joining the workshop using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser.
- 10.00am – 10.50am – Workshop presentation
- 10.50am – 11.00am – Break
- 11.00am – 11.50am – Workshop presentation
- 11.50am – 12.00am – Break
- 12.00am – 12.45pm – Workshop presentation
- 12.50pm – 01.00pm – Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this Workshop?
This enlightening session is presented by Annie Litchfield, a highly qualified training consultant with many years’ experience in learning and development.
Annie is extremely personable and brings a real knowledge and enthusiasm to the sessions she delivers. She has a passion for bringing about lasting change through quality coaching and support, making her ideally positioned to advise you on professional development and help you make tangible improvements in your organisation.
This Workshop is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.