The HR Forums are run by East Midlands Chamber. This event has been organised in partnership with Spencers Solicitors and Edwards Employment Services and provides a platform for HR Professionals to get industry updates, share best practice and network with like-minded delegates.
- 8:00 a.m – Registration and coffee
- 8:30 a.m – Welcome and round the room introductions
- 8.45 a.m – Welcome from the host –Izabella Edwards, Managing Director, Edwards Employment Solutions
- 8:55 a.m – New Year- New Start! Motivation and Employee Engagement –Lynn Collins, Head of HR Services, Spencers Solicitors
- 9.20 a.m – Employment Law Updates, what is on the horizon over the next 6 months – Liam Kenealy Employment Solicitor, Spencers Solicitors
- 09.45 a.m – Expand your talent pool, understand how to provide employment and work placement opportunities to young deaf people – Mark Bolton, Deputy Director Children, Young People & Partnerships, Children, Young People and Partnerships Department, National Deaf Childrens Society
- 10.00 a.m – Maximising apprenticeship opportunities across the region – Apprenticeship Levy Funding from Derbyshire County Council, Andy Marsh, Head of Employment and Skills, Derbyshire County Council *
- 10.15am – Close and feedback forms
* The council is using some of its apprentice levy to pay for training for apprenticeships in small and medium-sized businesses.
Apprenticeships can be undertaken by new employees, or existing employees in a wide range of business sectors including manufacturing, creative, service, construction, finance and business, care, retail and many more.
Derbyshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Economic Development and Regeneration, Councillor Tony King, said:
“This is a great opportunity for small and medium-sized businesses in the county to boost their level of skills, either by taking on a new apprentice, or training existing employees.
“We will pay for the training needed, and provide expert help to find the right apprenticeship for your business and employees.”
Benefits of attending
- This forum is for HR Professionals and those working in HR related roles
- Hear about the current thinking on a range of relevant topics
- Network with like minded individuals reponsible for HR in their organisation
- Get an update on the latest changes in employment law and relevant case studies