The HR Forums are run by East Midlands Chamber in partnership with BRM Solicitors and provides a platform for HR Professionals to get industry updates, share best practice and network with like-minded delegates.
This event will focus on equality, diversity and inclusion, Access to Work and will include a “need to know” employment law update.
Benefits of attending
- These forums are for HR Professionals and those working in HR related roles
- Hear about the current thinking on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Access to work
- Get an updated on the latest changes in employment law and relevant case studies
13 June 2019
Venue: Central Technology, Sheepbridge Lane, Chesterfield S41 9RX
This HR Forum, held in partnership with BRM Solicitors, will review tactics when disciplining / dismissing staff including a mock investigation and disciplinary hearing – cyber security, employees as the weakest link and the importance of up to date systems to protect your business – Employment law update.
- BRM Solicitors: Employment law update – what’s new, what’s coming in and what has been delayed
- Central Technology: How IT can improve efficiencies and deliver strategies to help address HR policies.
- BRM Solicitors, Amy Hallam and Glenn Jaques: Disciplining staff – Getting it right and ensuring the correct procedure is followed when investigating and holding meetings.We will be including do’s and don’ts as well as tactics to help avoid tribunals or tick the right boxes if you do end up at a tribunal – including a mock disciplinary hearing – and detail of the appeals process.
19 September 2019
This HR Forum is held in partnership with BRM Solicitors and provides a platform for HR Professionals to get industry updates, share best practice and network with like-minded delegates. The agenda is to be finalised but it is intended it will focus on the following topic areas:
- Brexit/Employment Law update – BRM
- Absence management, managing long term sickness, helpings employees back to work and in the instance this is not possible managing dismissals. THis will also touch on ensuring compliance to disability regulations and will include a “mock meeting”
- Heath and Wellbieng practices to support employees – Growth Partners plc