Managing difficult conversations
How do you prepare for a difficult conversation that is going to be challenging and tough?
Ask most people how they feel about tackling difficult conversations, and at least 90% of them will feel intensely uncomfortable, recalling a previous time when they had to deal with one. These situations happen frequently, but dealing with them is something that leaves most of us cold at the prospect.
Avoiding challenging discussions can make situations worse causing further issues by eroding trust and damaging relationships.
- 5 September – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
- 21 November – 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
In this unit, you will cover:
- How to prepare for difficult conversations
- How to build confidence as you learn key tools and strategies to navigate more challenging communications
- How to communicate positively
- How to build relationships
- How to become effective in managing, tough and difficult conversations
Applying the workshop insights will:
- Increase your well-being
- Earn the trust and respect from those you work with
- Improve your relationships
- Enrich the overall atmosphere and productivity of your organisation
Managing difficult conversations training will equip your team, leaders and managers with the skills they require to handle a variety of difficult conversations with confidence.
The course is part of the University’s Reskill and Recover programme. Reskill and Recover is an initiative designed to help participants, from small and medium-sized businesses in the Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire areas, improve business skills, efficiency and growth. Join one of our fully funded courses to increase your productivity.