Optimising Your Websites User Experience- D2N2 Webinar
Your business has a website but does it deliver a great User Experience? Poor user experience will lose you customers as well as organic rankings in search engines. Discover how to optimise your websites User Experience by joining this workshop.
User Experience (UX) is a wide ranging subject that appear daunting to those new to the concept. There are agencies that delivery UX as a service with larger businesses spending lots of time and money on optimising the experience their customers have when interacting with them online.
This workshop explores the basics of what makes a good UX and dives deeper into areas that offer improvements that you can action on your own website. The aim of the workshop is to change the way you approach your website by putting user needs at the centre of everything you do.
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is aimed at any organisation with a website that isn’t performing in terms of UX. Or any organisation who would like to understand more about UX as they plan a new site or changes to their current site. No technical knowledge is required however an understanding of, and access to your websites CMS is advantageous.
This workshop is aimed at SMEs. Please note that preference will be given to businesses based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
What will we cover?
- Core principles of UX
- How to audit your websites UX
- Developing user personas
- Developing user journeys
- Page layouts and the importance of objects
- Personalisation and why it matters
- Mobile UX
- Tools we can use to help understand UX
- Measuring and ongoing improvements
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this workshop, you will:
- Understand the many components that make up UX.
- Have a deeper understanding of how to spot UX issues.
- Know more about how to change your website to optimise the UX your visitors experience.
- Learn how to use 3rd party tools to discover where improvements can be made.
- Think differently about your website – its an asset that customers use and they need to come first.
This is an interactive, Action Planning Online Workshop. You will leave this session with handouts and a practical action plan which can be implemented within your business. Where possible, we would like to encourage you to join this session with your video camera turned on and when instructed by the facilitator, you may un-mute your microphone to take full advantage of the interactive nature of the workshop.
- 9.30am – 10.20am – Workshop presentation
- 10.20am – 10.30am – Break
- 10.30am – 11.20am – Workshop presentation
- 11.20am – 11.30am – Break
- 11.30am – 12.15pm – Workshop presentation
- 12.15pm – 12.30pm – Q&A
Who’ll be presenting this workshop?
Rob Gregory is a Founding Director of Magnifica, a tech agency based in Chesterfield. Rob has been helping businesses to implement effective software solutions for over 20 years.
He has significant experience across a broad range of digital applications, from Custom Software to Website Development and Rob’s message is that technology must be used to simplify business processes and provide a true return on investment. Rob also provides one to one support on website development to help businesses be the best they can online.
This workshop is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.