Problem Solving business workshop- University of Derby
The Problem Solving workshop is an interactive, hands-on experience which allows you to develop the tools and techniques to address your own work problems. These sessions will help you to frame business issues, enabling you to plan projects, meet needs and make business improvements.
Areas covered within the workshop include:
- The Background: Problem Definition, Different Types of Problems, Problem Solving Process, Problem Statement, Gathering Data
- The Tools: Brainstorming, Pareto Analysis, Ishikawa Analysis, 5 Whys, Forcefield Analysis
- Generating Creative Solutions: De Bono’s 6 Thinking Hats, The Yes and…, Random Input Storyboarding, Lateral Thinking
- Selecting Solution
Why is this workshop useful?
You will learn how to use a variety of tools to identify and define various types of problem.
By the end of the session, you will understand how to follow a systematic problem-solving process to work through real work problems and arrive at creative solutions.
This workshop is delivered through four live webinars, facilitated by Senior Lecturer on the BA (Hons) Business Management course, Dr Olivia Ramsbottom. Attendance at all four sessions is required (please see booking page for all dates).
Is my business eligible?
To qualify for this ERDF-funded support, your business needs to meet this criteria:
- be part of the automotive, aerospace or rail sector supply chains
- be based in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire
- have less that 250 employees
- not to be more than 25% owned by a large company (i.e. a company that is not an SME)
- have a turnover less than 50 million euros and/or annual balance sheet less than 49 million euros.