University of Derby Small Business Leadership programme
What is the Small Business Leadership Programme?
The Small Business Leadership Programme (SBLP), is a free, Government funded 10 week leadership programme for those working with teams in SME businesses (5-249 employees).
The programme supports senior leaders to enhance their business’s resilience and recovery from the impact of COVID-19, developing its potential for future growth and productivity. Participants will strengthen their strategic leadership skills and gain the confidence to make informed decisions to boost business performance.
Learning is delivered by a consortium of business schools accredited by the Small Business Charter (SBC), and supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy.
Who is eligible to participate?
Participants must be in senior management roles, with at least one direct report, in businesses which have been operating for at least one year and with 5-249 employees in England.
Delivery is online, allowing you to easily access the programme alongside your work commitments. There are eight 90 minute sessions. In addition you are required to complete 2 hours of self-directed study each week. You must be able to commit this amount of time to participate in the programme.
Why should I take part?
- Develop your strategic capability to plan for the future of your business, and to ensure that your business is in a great position to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
- Learn how to make your business more productive and resilient.
- Support you to develop your management and leadership skills, and increase your confidence to make better decisions, boost business performance and become more effective.
- Provide a reflective and practical programme tailored to support your business. Apply your learning to your business
- Help you to build lasting relationships with a network of small business leaders and business experts in your region.
- Create an innovative, productive and agile organisational culture able to drive growth.
Support you to embed responsible business practices.