Writing for Wellbeing Workshops – Chesterfield Museum
A guided Writing for Wellbeing workshop to Unlock your Chesterfield Lockdown Experiences and create a lasting record!
Join Leonie Martin, a Chesterfield writer for an online ‘Writing for Wellbeing’ workshop via Zoom which is being run in collaboration with Chesterfield Museum.
Using a series of engaging prompts you’ll be encouraged to write about your experiences of lockdown. Some of the writing produced will hopefully be included in Chesterfield Museum’s planned ‘Chesterfield in Lockdown Exhibition’.
Tickets are £5 per person and can be booked through Eventbrite.
What is writing for wellbeing?
Working within a safe and respectful space, Writing for Wellbeing can open the door to new voices, ideas and points of view that widen and deepen our own perspective, as well as offering a sense of achievement and participation. Participants will be given the opportunity to share their written responses within the workshop, but this will always be optional.
The emphasis in this workshop will be relaxing and taking part, rather than producing a polished piece of writing. No previous knowledge or experience of creative writing is needed; writers of all levels of experience are welcome.
- tickets are £5 for each of the two dates: Wednesday 9 June 11am to 1pm or Saturday 12 June 11am to 1pm, the same activities will be used in both workshops, so please only register for one of the dates
- you should be aged 18 years and above and your main residence should have a Chesterfield postcode
- there are only 12 spaces available on each date so early booking is advised
- the content of the two workshops on Wednesday 9 June and Saturday 12 June are the same so please only register for one of the dates
- you will need either a smart phone, tablet, laptop or other computer with internet access to take part in this online workshop
- you will also need your preferred writing materials so that you can write in response to the prompts provided
- Writing from life can sometimes bring emotions to the surface. Please consider the support you have around you and who you can call or message if you feel you need support following your writing.
After you have booked, an email with joining instructions will be sent to you before the date of the workshop.