Apprenticeships in Chesterfield
Businesses throughout North East Derbyshire employ a large number of apprentices and there are currently hundreds of vacancies available in Chesterfield.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications whilst getting real life work experience and being paid for it. Available in 170 different industries from hair and beauty to aerospace engineering, apprenticeships have been making an impact on local businesses for hundreds of years.
Apprentice Gas Fitter
Apprentice Brick layer
Apprentice Clerical Assistant (Innovation Centre)
Fleet and Facilities Assistant (Apprentice)
To find out more click here.
Apprentice Town is a partnership that seeks to develop Chesterfield as a leading Apprenticeship Destination. Chesterfield is a town where young people, parents and our businesses think Apprenticeship First. We want to grow individual’s careers and futures alongside our businesses and our economy to ensure a prosperous future for all. Through this partnership we will:
- Raise Awareness of Apprenticeship opportunities, promoting all aspects of apprenticeships provision including traineeships, higher level apprentices and align this with opportunities emerging in the local economy.
- Work in partnership to increase the number, levels and quality of apprenticeships available that are accessible and achievable by all
- Deliver high quality apprenticeship training and promote provision that supports future employment prospects of the apprentice and the needs of the business
- Work with our employers to encourage a high commitment to apprenticeships and/or traineeships in our workplaces and think Apprenticeship First with regards to their workforce planning.
- Promote co-operative working across the education, business and learning community to ensure that our Apprentice Town Vision is realised.
- Celebrate Apprenticeship success in Chesterfield through ensuring positive stories are shared. This should include the success of the apprentice as well as the positive impact on the business
- Empower, prepare and encourage young people to attend and participate in any apprenticeship events delivered locally.
If you are a local business or skills provider and would be interested in getting involved please contact Emily Williams at Chesterfield Borough Council
Part of the Chesterfield College Group, Learning Unlimited provides high-quality training, apprenticeships, traineeships and conference services.Read more >
NLT Training Services
Delivering apprenticeship programmes in engineering & manufacturing for over 30 years to young people across the East Midlands.Read more >
East Midlands Chamber
A non-profit, leading business organisation representing and serving 3,800 members and more than 3,000 affiliates.Read more >