Markham Vale is Derbyshire’s flagship regeneration scheme and is a development partnership between HBD and Derbyshire County Council.
The scheme is a 200-acre business park with direct access to the M1 motorway via a dedicated junction, J29a. This prime development site now has limited space remaining for industrial, warehouse, hotel, office or retail builds.
In 2023, Markham Vale announced the creation of 2,702 jobs since development began on the site.
The site also accommodates a flagship Environment Centre. This is home to a range of firms from the environmental and technology related sectors. In addition, Wilson Business Park and Waterloo Court are based at the site.
Additional completed schemes include occupiers such as Great Bear, Marston’s Pubs, Ferdinand Bilstein, Grangers Ltd, Euro Garages, and Smurfit Kappa.
Planning permission for four new buildings was secured in early 2023. This will provide an additional 107,250 sq. ft. of new buildings. The new development will comprise of six acres in total, with the potential to create a further 150 jobs.
Continued growth for Markham Vale in 2023
- More than 450 jobs were created last year at Markham Vale, taking the overall total to 2702.
- Gould Alloys, who have been based at Markham Vale for almost ten years, signed a deal in 2023 to expand their existing facilities. The firm took on an additional 55,000 sq.ft industiral unit on a 10-year lease.
- Markham Vale will be the first location across the Midlands and the North to be the home of an Electric Forecourt. The Gridserve forecourt will provide 30 charging points for cars, electric lorries and other HGV’s, as well as shops and a café, all providing further employment opportunities. Construction is due to start this Autumn.
- Construction of the Chesters Family Fish and Chip restaurant is now complete. Doors opened to customers in July. In addition, permission secured for a drive-thru Chopstix restaurant will add to the existing service facilities on offer. In addition, the restaurant will provide the equivalent of 20 full time jobs when operational.
- Plans are progressing for the speculative development of units on Plot 6 which will provide further accommodation for businesses.
- Currently being promoted is a 2.9 acre plot available on Markham Vale with a design and build offer for a warehouse unit up to 52,500 sq. ft. Plot 9 is a self-contained development site which can be developed for a single unit. It is designed to meet the specific requirements of an occupier, but can include 2,500 sq ft of high quality office, 50 kN/sqm floor loading, 4 dock and 1 ground level loading doors and a 40 metre yard. Plot 9 benefits from outline planning consent for B2 and B8 uses. Delivery of a unit is achievable within 9 months from agreement of terms.
For more information and contact details relating to the development, visit markhamvale.co.uk.