Latest Champions Event
Champions Breakfast – Building Resilience
Thank you to everyone that attended and joined in with discussions at the April Champions Event.
The event started with networking which allowed Champions to get to know one another using the ‘break out’ function on Zoom.
We heard Chloe Maudsley, Managing Director at Derbyshire Institute of Sport, who presented on how to build resilience into everyday life. She was joined by Katie Toft, World Para Cyclist, who shared her inspiring story of how she has gained 5 World Championship titles in less than a year, 1 World Cup general classification, 3 National Championship titles, multiple medals at National Championship titles, 6 national records, 4 sports awards and sport aid athlete of the month through resilience.
Scott Knowles, Chief Executive at East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) provided a regional overview of how businesses have responded to the recovery process and the resilience they have shown.
Finally, we were joined by a guest panel who discussed the topic of how businesses can build resilience now and in the future:
- Laura Chapman, Human Resources Manager at Peak Pipe Systems
- Stephen Gordon, Executive Director and Commercial Solicitor at Banner Jones Solicitors
- Scott Knowles, Chief Executive at East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- Gareth Ward, Sales Director at Superior Wellness
- Amy Revell, Sales Director at Absolute Commercial Interiors
More upcoming events…