Chesterfield Elder Way (Former Co-op Store)
Occupying a pivotal site in the town centre, Chesterfield Elder Way (Former Co-op Store) is a landmark mixed use scheme, breathing life into the town’s famous 1930s, Mock-Tudor former Co-op department store, being led by Jomast developments.
The 92 bed hotel Premier Inn on the first and second floors opened in April 2019. Further developments – led by Jomast – will include seven restaurants and a health and fitness centre. This investment will create 60 jobs and is a key part of the wider Northern Gateway scheme to regenerate this area of the town centre.
The Restaurant/ bar units have been created on the ground floor along with 16,000 sqft of gym/D2 space in the basement. There is a new courtyard area for outside eating/drinking as well as outside seating along Elder Way. The ground floor units all feature attractive new shop fronts/entrances
New restaurant, gym and hotel uses will complement each other in order to establish a destination leisure space and eating quarter.
What will Chesterfield Elder Way (Former Co-op store) comprise of?
The Elder Way project will comprise of:
- 7 new ground floor restaurant units, with glazed frontages and external seating ranging between 2,929 sq ft and 3,916 sq ft;
- A new courtyard to be incorporated to the Knifesmithgate frontage, with opportunities for outside seating;
- A 92 bedroom Premier Inn hotel on the first and second floors – Opened April 2019
- Prominent ground floor corner access on Saltergate to basement level Health and Fitness unit extending to approximately 16,285 sq ft;
- A proposed refurbished public realm to the Elderway frontage and widened public footpaths.
Opportunities at Elder Way
Find out more about Elder Way
For more information please call the agents for the property:
Adam Mobley – WSB Property: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0113 234 1444
Alternatively you can contact Hannah Ramsdale and Claire Cunningham in the Economic Development Team at Chesterfield Borough Council on (01246) 345255 or email email@example.com
Why Invest in Chesterfield
- A 156,097 Core catchment population.
- £142M Total Comparison Goods Expenditure
- CACI Retail Footprint score similar to Lancaster, Shrewsbury, St Albans and Gloucester.
- 22% AFFLUENT ACHIEVERS – High concentrations of Affluent Achievers and strong numbers of individuals in the Executive Wealth and Mature Money social categories.
- 52% MARKET SHARE – Local catchment of loyal shoppers means that Chesterfield attains 52% market share of its Core catchment.
- £14.2M A WEEK – People living within a 10 mile radius of Chesterfield spend £14.2m a week on restaurants and hotels. CACI 2017