Chesterfield Elder Way (Former Co-op Store)
Occupying a pivotal site in the town centre, Chesterfield Elder Way is a landmark mixed-use scheme. The project is breathing life into the town’s famous 1930s, Mock-Tudor former Co-op department store.
Led by regeneration specialist Jomast, the former department store has been transformed into a 92-bedroom Premier Inn hotel on the upper two floors of the iconic building. The hotel has been trading successfully since April 2019.
Jomast has subsequently developed the ground floor of the building into seven quality units with street-level access.
There are currently a number of leasing opportunities available at the 21,761 sq.ft scheme. From smaller E Class and Sui Generis Bar units of 1,420 sq. ft upwards to larger units of up to 4,704 sq.ft. There is also a 16,000 sq. ft basement area.
The street level units all benefit from contemporary glazed frontages. Additionally, the scheme boasts a courtyard area for outside eating/drinking and seating along Elder Way, creating a new leisure destination in Chesterfield.
Joint agents for Elder Way, WSB Property Consultants and FHP are now marketing the units at food, drink, entertainment, retail and also clinical operators.
Elder Way is a key part of the now complete £19 million Northern Gateway regeneration scheme, which comprises a secure multi-storey car park, the Northern Gateway Enterprise Centre, and also large-scale public realm improvements which surround Elder Way.
In addition to its central location, the Elder Way development also benefits from its proximity to the newly constructed Saltergate multi-storey ca park and Northern Gateway Enterprise Centre.
The Elder Way project comprises:
- 7 new ground floor units, with glazed frontages and external seating ranging from 1,420 sq. ft and 4,219 sq. ft.
- Units suitable for office and clinical use, alongside retail and leisure use
- Courtyard incorporated to the Knifesmithgate frontage, with opportunities for outside seating
- A 92 bedroom Premier Inn hotel on the first and second floors – opened April 2019
- Prominent ground floor corner access on Saltergate to basement level unit extending to approximately 16,285sq.ft
- A refurbished public realm to the Elder Way frontage and widened public footpaths.
For further information on Elder Way