Chesterfield Waterside is one of the largest regeneration projects in the UK
Chesterfield Waterside is an innovative and sustainable £320 million scheme and is currently the 47th largest regeneration project in the UK. The development has risen from the remains of the old Trebor factory and is a major mixed-use regeneration programme to the immediate north of the town centre. The site straddling the River Rother and Chesterfield Canal and alongside the A61 will provide a thriving and successful new part of the town centre.
Chesterfield’s £320million Waterside scheme has taken a major step forward following the award of a £2.7million Sheffield City Region Infrastructure Fund (SCRIF) grant.
The grant, which was secured by Chesterfield Borough Council in partnership with developers Chesterfield Waterside Limited, has enabled the first phase of the development’s £75 million Basin Square scheme to be brought forward by the site’s developers.
The Chesterfield Waterside development will include:
- The creation of a new community with 1,500 modern houses and apartments
- New employment opportunities in Grade A office accommodation situated directly adjacent to the mainline railway station (London St Pancras 1 hr 55 mins)
- Shops, cafes and bars around the new canal basin and public square
- A network of open spaces and a park along a rejuvenated Chesterfield Canal and River Rother
Phase 1 – Basin Square
- £75 million mixed-use development over 58,800sqm
- Canal Basin already constructed
- 310 private rented sector apartments – 1/2 bed apartments with ground floor retail space, circa 1500sqm
- Multi-storey car park – 442 spaces
- Office buildings – 4,000 sqm
- 84-bed hotel, plus ground floor A3/A4
- World-famous Dame Barbara Hepworth sculpture to be permanently sited in Basin Square
- Expected to be home to approximately 300 jobs.
Avant Homes given green light to bring 173 new homes to Chesterfield
Avant Homes are on site building 173 new homes at a new £36m development in Chesterfield after planning permission was approved by Chesterfield Borough Council in June 2019. Named Waterside Quarter, the development will form part of ‘The Park’ area of the scheme and will be Avant Homes largest site in the Chesterfield area to date. Waterside Quarter will include a mixture of Avant Homes’ contemporary, two, three and four-bedroom homes, designed for modern living, offering buyers 11 different house types to choose from.Groundworks commenced in July 2019 and the first homes will be ready for occupation in June 2020.
Reserved Matters planning approval granted for office accommodation at Chesterfield Waterside
Chesterfield Borough Council has granted reserved matters approval for the layout, scale, appearance and landscaping of the seven-storey office building which represents the first step in delivering Phase 1 of the Basin Square neighbourhood.