Major Leisure and Visitor Attraction for Chesterfield
This £300 million pound project on the reclaimed opencast site at the Birchall Estate at Unstone will see the development of a major eco-friendly leisure and visitor attraction to the north west of the town.
The site which already includes a golf course and areas of woodland and open countryside will be at the leading edge of the eco-technology and once completed will create:
- Visitor accommodation including a 212 bed apartment/hotel
- Condominia, 250 woodland lodges and a 26-bed golf hotel
- World class golf facilities on the site consisting of an18 hole championship course, practice course and driving range;
- 300 acres of park and woodland incorporating walking and cycling trails
- Sports injury clinic
- A unique Ecodome centre providing indoor climate controlled water sports, adventure and other leisure facilities
- Over 3,000 new jobs
The development is intended to occur in three phases. Visitor accommodation and indoor facilities will be based on a unique ‘Ecodome’ concept, with buildings arranged under a circular series of canopies.