Shoppers show their support for first ever Chesterfield Retail Awards
Chesterfield’s shoppers have come out in force to support the town’s first ever Retail Awards. More than 1,000 people have nominated 241 businesses across 14 categories during April, with one lucky person winning a £50 hamper from the Pavements Shopping Centre.
The nominated business have now been asked to complete a short application form which will be considered by a panel of local, regional and national retail experts. The winners in each category will be announced at a grand awards ceremony which is being held at the Assembly Rooms at Chesterfield Market Hall on the 18th June 2014.
Dom Stevens, Destination Chesterfield Manager said: “We are overwhelmed with the number of nominations. It’s a fantastic start to the inaugural Retail Awards. With support from the community like this it is no surprise thatChesterfieldis booming as a retail centre.”
The Awards, which are sponsored by Slic Training, celebrate the town’s ongoing success as one of theUK’s top 10 best performing centres with the least vacant shops. Only 7.7% ofChesterfield’s retail units are currently empty, which is only 0.7% behind the best performing large centre,Cambridge.
The categories include:
· Hair and Beauty Business of the Year
· Fashion and Footwear Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Oxspring Technical Ltd
· Jewellery and Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by The Pavements Shopping Centre
· Home and Gifts Retailer of the Year
· Children’s Clothes, Toys & Accessories Retailer of the Year
· Food and Drink Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Barber Harrison & Platt
· Phones and Technology Retailer of the Year
· Leisure Retailer of the Year (Sports, Hobbies, Crafts or Outdoor)
· Market Trader of the Year – Sponsored byChesterfieldBorough Council
· Independent Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Jumble Design
· National/ Multiple Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by the Source
· Excellence in Customer Service – Sponsored byChesterfieldCollege
· Market Hall Business of the Year
· Best New Store (Opened 2013/2014) – Sponsored by Banner Jones
· Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire Chamber of Commerce
Other sponsors include Vicar Lane Shopping, The Pavements Shopping Centre, eBusiness Works and the Derbyshire Times.
To sponsor the 2014 Chesterfield Retail Awards please visithttp://www.chesterfield.co.uk/retailawards/ and you can keep up-to-date on Twitter by using the hashtag #retailawards14.