Christmas visiting times for Chesterfield Royal Hospital
As a busy acute hospital, Chesterfield Royal is ‘business as usual’ over the Christmas and New Year holidays – looking after people of all ages who need urgent medical and surgical care and of course, not forgetting new mums and their babies.
People who need to be in hospital at holiday time are usually the most poorly; and need plenty of rest to help them recover. When your loved-one is in hospital over the festive period though, they do appreciate that you’ll also want to see them.
The hospital has designated some open visiting days to help; and hope that visitors will appreciate the need to keep standard visiting hours in place at other times, to make sure patients are well-cared for and can be looked after safely and effectively.
General adult medical and surgical wards:
- December 22nd 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- December 23rd 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- Christmas Eve – Normal visiting hours apply
- Christmas Day – Open visiting 10am-8pm
- Boxing Day – Open visiting 10am-8pm
- December 27th 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- December 28th 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- December 29th 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- December 30th 2018 – Normal visiting hours apply
- New Year’s Eve – Normal visiting hours apply
- New Year’s Day – Open visiting 10am-8pm
ITU, HDU, Maternity and children’s wards: Please speak to the ward for details about visiting options for partners, family and friends
If you have any queries about visiting, or are travelling some distance, the hospital has advised to call the ward and ask for advice, and that it will always try to accommodate visitors’ individual needs in difficult circumstances.
For visiting hours, contact numbers and parking or public transport, click here.