Grants available for Derbyshire Visitor Economy Businesses
Visitor economy businesses in Derbyshire are being encouraged to apply for grants of up to £10,000 to rebuild their business and develop valuable digital assets in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire is offering business grants to support a range of activities such as website development, new photography, the creation of virtual tours and the implementation of cashless payment systems to help businesses bounce back and drive the recovery of the sector.
The grant programme is part of Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire’s European Regional Development Fund project, and has been recently updated to reflect new business needs that have emerged as a result of the current climate.
Alongside digitalisation, grants of £1,000 to £10,000 are also available in the following areas:
- Accessibility – e.g. accessible equipment and facilities for people with disabilities.
- Environmental – e.g. electric car charging points, e-bikes or a water system for use by visitors that replaces the need for plastic bottles.
- Cycling – e.g. secure cycle storage and maintenance equipment for use by visitors.
- Internationalisation – e.g. website translation or the implementation of online booking/cashless payment systems to encourage international visitors.
Jo Dilley, Managing Director of Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire, the area’s official tourist board, said: “I’m delighted that we are able to offer this funding through our European Regional Development Fund project. Derbyshire’s tourism industry is incredibly important to the local economy and these grants will enable businesses to rebuild and bounce back stronger than ever.
Jo added: “Grants are available for things such as online booking systems and virtual tours, which are both key in the current climate and will help to enrich the area’s tourism offer and power our recovery plans. I would urge businesses to visit the website for more information and get your applications in as soon as possible.”
Businesses applying for the funding must meet the following criteria:
- They must be part of the visitor economy and its supply chain, including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- They must be located in Derbyshire.
- They must have less than 250 employees.
- They will need to demonstrate how the grant funding will help their business to become more competitive and support the area’s wider visitor economy.
Successful applicants will receive a 50% grant towards the cost of the overall project, with a minimum 50% grant contribution being £1,000 and the maximum £10,000.
A free webinar providing more details on the business grants programme is being held on Thursday 21 May.
Eligible businesses can register their interest for a grant now at https://business-grants-scheme.eventbrite.co.uk.