More support for Chesterfield businesses affected by Covid-19
Local businesses are being urged to apply for a new Business Rates relief scheme if they have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
Chesterfield Borough Council has been allocated £2.4m COVID-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF) to be distributed to ratepayers that did not qualify for previous COVID-19 related schemes, can demonstrate that business has been adversely affected and who have been unable to adequately adapt to that impact.
This is an application for a discount from business rates bills and not a grant payment.
The CARF discount is for the period 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022 only (and earlier in the event of a change in circumstances such as moving out of the property).
You may be able to claim a CARF discount from us if you are a Chesterfield Borough Council Business Rates payer and your business meets ALL of the following criteria:
- it was occupied and registered for Business Rates during the financial year 2021-2022
- it is open and operating (or temporarily closed due to COVID government guidelines)
- it has been significantly and adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- it has not exceeded the permitted Business Grant Subsidy Allowance
- it has not received Extended Retail Discount or Nursery Discount during the 2021/22 financial year
- You have a business rates charge to pay during the financial year 2021-22
You can apply for a CARF discount online using the form below – you will need to create a My Chesterfield account before you can apply.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Applications close on 13 February 2022.
Find out more about the latest support on offer for businesses in Chesterfield at: https://www.chesterfield.co.uk/business/business-support/