50 food and drink businesses to try in Chesterfield
Ever struggle to decide which food and drink business to visit? From street food to fine dining, and cocktail bars to cosy cafés – you will find a venue for every occasion in Chesterfield.
Here is a list of 50 fabulous food and drink businesses you should experience. Click on the name of the business to be taken to their website and learn more.
You can find more inspiration on eating out in Chesterfield here.
Experienced a great meal or customer service? Make sure you leave a review or share a post on your social media and include #LoveChesterfield
Time to get dressed up – romantic dining
Celebrating something special? These restaurants serve tasty food and drink in an intimate setting.
1. Cocina at Casa – A two-rosette, award-winning restaurant providing an authentic taste of British food with a Spanish infusion, using locally sourced ingredients.
2. The Tickled Trout – An award-winning gastro pub located in Barlow, serving pub food alongside innovative specials using the highest quality artisan ingredients available.
3. The Peak Edge Hotel – Red Lion Pub & Restaurant – Located on the edge of the Peak District, the Red Lion restaurant boasts a warm and friendly relaxed atmosphere serving a menu full of fresh and local ingredients.
4. Figaro Wingerworth – Whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner this plant-based café has you covered.
5. Bottle and Thyme – A family-run, independent restaurant, and bar. Serving a fresh, local, organic, seasonal menu from breakfast through to evening meals.
6. The Old Post – Enjoy a premium dining experience set within one of the third oldest buildings in the town centre, which used to be a post office (hence the name).
7. The Bulls Head Holymoorside – As well as being a great place to meet for a drink, dining here is a must. Award-winning pub using fresh, grown, bred and foraged produce from the local area.
For pizza and pasta lovers
Chesterfield is home to some of the best Italian restaurants serving up your favourite pizza and pasta dishes.
8. Sicily Restaurant – Enjoy a holiday vibe with the relaxed informal dining experience of Sicily Restaurant on Sheffield Road.
9. Teresa Lambarelli’s Italian Cafè and Pasta Bar – Traditional Italian café and pasta bar, restaurant, and takeaway, serving freshly ground Portioli Coffee, pasta, pizza, platters, panini, and cocktails.
10. Blue Oceans Mediterranean Restaurant – Experience the taste of the Mediterranean with a range of dishes available on the menu. Choose from pizza, pasta, seafood and more.
11. Lombardis – Beautifully decorated and delicious food to make you feel like you’re on holiday in Italy.
12. Nonnas – Situated on Chatsworth Road, offering wholesome Italian hospitality. The open-view restaurant is open every day for lunch and dinner.
13. Filippelli’s Bistro & Bar – Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner delivering wholesome food and drink that caters for everyone.
Want to try something new? Dining with a twist
You may be an adventurous individual or looking for a dining experience with a difference. Make sure to check out what these venues have to offer – you won’t be disappointed.
14. Batch House – This venue has it all, from pasta to loaded fries, stone-baked pizzas to ice cream and much more.
15. Boba Shack – Offers a huge range of ‘pick & mix’ bubble tea drinks options as well as a pre-mix menu for those who are unsure of what to order.
16. Afats Grill – A Turkish restaurant, using its Turkish heritage to offer dishes created in southeast Anatolia
17. Chesters – Enjoy traditional fish and chips sitting in a beach hut at the restaurant or if you’re in a rush collect your food using the drive-through.
18. Fat Pig BBQ – A local catering company specialising in takeaway BBQ-style food and not forgetting dirty fries!
19. Odyssey Restaurant – Offers a journey of authentic flavours, sounds and atmosphere, bringing a sense of Greece to the heart of Chesterfield.
20. Galleon Steak House – Boasts a great variety of steaks, ranging in multiple sizes depending on how hungry you are!
21. Tyzacks – Stanedge Golf Club – This family-friendly restaurant welcomes everyone to enjoy their delicious food whether you’re a golf lover or never played before.
Scones and cakes – afternoon tea for two
Chesterfield has many places that offer wonderful afternoon tea. It’s a lovely way to spend an afternoon, eating delicious sandwiches and sweet treats. Who would you share with?
22. Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa – Beautiful 19th-century manor house, set amongst 6 acres of award-winning gardens. Why not pair your afternoon tea with a visit to the spa?
23. The Café at Libby’s – Treat a friend to an afternoon tea, including a selection of sandwiches and delicious cakes from The Café at Libby’s.
24. Dronfield Hall Barn – Enjoy the cosy atmosphere in the Barn or sit outside amongst the beautiful gardens in the summer to enjoy your afternoon tea.
25. Café Nellie – Independent café and coffee shop serving breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea. They are also dog-friendly!
Coffee and catch up with friends
Complete a shopping trip or catch up with friends and family at one of our friendly cafes.
26. Vintage Tea Rooms – From homemade cakes to a pot of tea to share, the Vintage Tea Rooms is the place to visit if you fancy a treat.
27. The Café at Northern Tea Merchants – A quaint café down Chatsworth Road offering traditional charm and coffee-filled aromas.
28. Peacocks Coffee Lounge – If you are looking for somewhere to catch up with friends in Chesterfield town centre, Peacocks Coffee Lounge is the ideal location with indoor and outdoor seating.
29. Koo – Located on Chatsworth Road, this venue is a popular location for brunching or catching up with friends over a coffee.
30. No 10 Tea Rooms – A successful family-run business, offering a professional friendly service, and a relaxed atmosphere for all customers.
31. Café One – A place for people in the community to relax, drink great coffee while they meet a friend, get work done, or meet a loved one for some lunch.
Unique café experiences for food and drink
From pancakes to smoothies, and themed nights to sharing boards – these venues serve much more than just coffee and cake.
32. Qoozies – For something a little different, head to Qoozies for a funky milkshake or a healthy Qoozies Burger and a nutritious Smoothie.
33. Graze – A friendly café providing speciality and bistro nights for you to experience.
34. CAWA Coffee – The place to visit for filled savoury and sweet croissants, as well as delicious hot drinks. Products are baked fresh daily and they even roast their own coffee.
35. Cibo Bistro – A small friendly bistro kitchen serving meals, light bites, dessert, ice cream milkshakes and coffee.
36. Birdcage – An eatery crossed between a café and a bar, selling freshly ground coffee as well as alcoholic beverages and a variety of sweet treats.
Time to wine down – cocktail and wine bars
Nothing beats 2-4-1 cocktails or a glass of your favourite wine – here are a few bars that might tickle your fancy.
37. Dirty Habit – A great option for meeting with friends and family as they offer a chilled music vibe, a laid-back style and table service.
38. Junction Bar – Located on the busy Chatsworth Road, this bar is conveniently located for drinking and socialising with friends.
39. Chandlers Bar – A dedicated eclectic vintage-themed cocktail bar, offering beer, wine, and homemade cocktails.
40. Einstein’s – A Bavarian Bierhaus, cocktail bar and kitchen nestled in the heart of Chesterfield.
41. The Brampton Social Club – Enjoy a great range of beers, a delicious wine list and a range of classic and interesting cocktails at The Brampton Social Club
42. Armisteads – Offers a chilled and relaxed atmosphere, serving a range of cocktails and craft beers.
43. Darwin and Bear – A quirky bar offering the perfect place to enjoy food and drink with friends. To make your even more memorable, there are even retro video games built into booth seating!
44. Empire – Serves a range of fresh cocktails, alcohol, fresh bean barista coffee, plant-based available, and a selection of hot and cold drinks.
Bottoms up! Real ale pubs
Imagine being out with friends and family, enjoying a pint of your favourite real ale or larger – sounds perfect, doesn’t it? Here are some of the pubs in our local area where you can do just that.
45. The Rose and Crown Brampton – A friendly and progressive take on a time-honoured British pub experience. Offering a handpicked selection of real ale, cider, and gin.
46. The Market Pub – A pub in the heart of the town centre, offering a selection of cask ales, 100 different wines, 50 different malt whiskies and a homemade food menu.
47. Chesterfield Arms – A traditional pub with a twist! This is a cosy multi award-winning brewpub serving a great selection of real ale and craft beers.
48. Tramway Tavern – A local pub offering a comfortable and welcoming environment, serving award-winning cask ales, Brampton wine and world beer.
49. The Neptune Beer Emporium – Traditional pub and music venue offering 8 rotating cask ale pumps alongside real cider, larger, craft beer and Belgian beers on draught.
50. The Brampton Bierhuis – Located right next to Brampton Brewery, this is the perfect location to sample some of the best award-winning ale and beer.