D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership
D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (D2N2 LEP) is one of over 30 Local Enterprise Partnerships working across England to support business growth and level up productivity. Its ambition is to improve the productivity of the economy and the standard of living of the residents. The organisation’s Board members are drawn from the public, private, education, and voluntary sectors, and they convene partners across the region to:
- Help businesses access finance, improve productivity, and trade globally.
- Enable people and employers to access training to improve skills needed to thrive.
- Inspire young people to make more informed decisions about their future careers.
- Identify opportunities to drive low-carbon growth to support the journey to Net Zero.
- Strengthen partnership working between industry and academia on the innovation agenda to help turn even more world-class research and development into new product development.
- Maximize analytical capacity by developing a robust, common evidence base to ensure analysis can target activity and investment where they can have the most impact.
- Champion inclusion across their programmes.
D2N2 LEP connects employers, education, and government to promote investment, identifying unique opportunities for innovative partnership working. It is non-political, evidence-driven, and publicly accountable. Over the past 10 years, the organisation has secured £1.5 billion in investment and thousands of jobs across the region.
D2N2 LEP Chief Executive, Will Morlidge, said:
“We’re delighted to be a Chesterfield Champion. The Chesterfield Champions Scheme is a powerful network that is helping to drive investment into the town, showcasing its fantastic assets and signposting support and services to help businesses to grow. Chesterfield is a thriving town in our region and it’s a fantastic place to do business.”