Validate Consulting Ltd
Validate Consulting Ltd helps businesses reduce the cost of employee illness and lost time in the workplace. They help companies with their legal duties to assess and control hazardous substances at work. This includes, risk assessment, measurement, training and advice for exposures to COSHH, noise, vibration, ergonomics, heat, legionella, asbestos and microbiology.
Occupational disease is often an unreported problem, last year 148 people died from accidents at work but:
• 12,000 people died from occupational lung disease
• 40,000 new cases of skin disease
• 1.5 Million people were affected by illnesses caused by the workplace.
• Occupational disease cost UK business £13 Billion.
The company is run by Chartered Occupational Hygienist, Damien Eaves who has over 12 years consultancy experience working for small businesses through to multinational organisations covering the whole of the UK. This includes long term support for a number of large organisations in Chesterfield.
Main areas of business support:
• Recognise, Evaluate and Control health hazards in the workplace
• Help clients comply with the law
• Assess control measures in place – Extraction, masks, training etc.
• Investigate sources of disease in the workplace such as dermatitis, asthma, hearing loss
• Assisting with legal claims
• Provide realistic advice to control hazards
• Reduce lost time through illness and disease, help protect against legal action in the future, improve the culture at work and ultimately save money.
As the company supports organisations around the UK they recognised that strategic positioning is vital. With access to 15 million people within a 2 hrs drive, good transport and business links they decided Chesterfield was an obvious choice.
Damien Eaves, Chartered Occupational Hygienist at Validate Consulting Ltd, said:
“The success of Destination Chesterfield and the interest and support of so many businesses show that people are really passionate about Chesterfield. This includes a number of people (including myself) who have moved to Chesterfield, liked it so much, have chosen to stay.
“We decided to become Chesterfield Champions as we could see that over the last few years there has been an exciting buzz developing, particularly with major developments around the town and the rebranding and we wanted to show our support and be part of it. ”