Chesterfield Elder Way (Former Co-op Store)
Occupying a pivotal site in the town centre, Chesterfield Elderway (Former Co-op Store) is a landmark mixed use scheme, breathing life into the town’s famous 1930s, Mock-Tudor former Co-op department store. The development received planning permission in December 2015 and is expected to start on site in May 2017 with works taking 18 months to complete.
The first occupiers announced in February 2016 are Premier Inn. This investment will create 60 jobs and open in 2018.
New restaurant, gym and hotel uses will complement each other in order to establish a destination leisure
space and eating quarter.
What will Chesterfield Elderway (Former Co-op store) comprise?
The Elderway project will comprise:
• 6 new ground floor restaurant units, with glazed frontages and external seating ranging between 2,929 sq ft
and 3,916 sq ft;
• A new courtyard to be incorporated to the Knifesmithgate frontage, with opportunities for outside seating;
• Hotel configured over the first and second Floors with an attractive ground floor lobby;
• Prominent ground floor corner access on Saltergate to basement level Health and Fitness unit extending to
approximately 16,285 sq ft;
• A proposed refurbished public realm to the Elderway frontage and widened public footpaths, subject to
securing regional Scrif funding.