Markham Vale Enterprise Zone
Markham Vale is an 80 hectare business park offering direct access to the M1 Motorway via a dedicated new junction, J29A. This prime development site offers industrial, warehouse and office accommodation in a range of unit sizes from 3,000 sq ft (279 sq m) up to one million sq ft (92,900 sq m). Markham Vale occupies a high profile location in the M1 Corridor and is available for immediate development.
Markham Vale North Launched
Markham Vale North is a prime industrial and logistics development, within the wider Markham Vale scheme, located at Junction 29a of the M1 Motorway. Markham Vale North provides approximately 70 acres of serviced development land which can accommodate buildings up to 750,000 sq ft.
Download the brochure
There has been fantastic progress at Markham Vale over the past six years with more than 732 jobs created on site so far and 700 more in the pipeline.
Key recent investment includes:
- National distribution and warehousing company Great Bear signing a deal to move on site in 2016 creating 400 new jobs;
- The building of new premises for gas, water and electric meter supplier Meter Provida, creating 40 jobs ;
- Packaging firm Inspirepac moving on-site with a view to creating up to 100 jobs as the company grows over the next two years;
- Around 50 jobs created at Gould Alloys which moved on site in June;
- Beginning of work to expand the site and turn the former Seymour Colliery site into prime economic land with the potential to create more than 2,000 more jobs in the area
Markham Vale schemes that have already been completed on the site include: a flagship Environment Centre (home to a range of firms from the environmental technology related centre): the speculative built Waterloo Court and bespoke buildings for companies such as Industrial Ancillaries Ltd, Andrew Page Limited and MSE Hiller Ltd.
From April 2012, Markham Vale has benefited from Enterprise Zone status. This scheme offers companies Enhanced Capital Allowances for major investments in plant and machinery of up to £100 million.
In summary, a trading company setting up at Markham Vale that invests in qualifying plant and machinery would be able to claim enhanced first year allowances at 100% for 5 years from 2012.
As part of the Enterprise Zone designation, the site will also benefit from a simplified planning approach, which in line with the current outline planning permission for the site, guarantees a swift planning decision making process.
For further information contact:
Henry Boot Developments
Tel: 0114 255 5444