Nominate now in the 2018 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards
Nominations are now open for the sixth annual Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards.
The town’s thriving food and drink sector will once again be celebrated by awards organiser, Destination Chesterfield. It is now urging people to nominate their favourite restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs and tearooms across 10 categories.
And it’s not just businesses you can nominate in the 2018 awards. Apprentices and apprenticeships are also being recognised this year with the introduction of two brand new categories – Apprentice of the Year and Apprentice Employer of the Year.
Nominations across 10 categories can be made online until midnight on Monday 11th June 2018 at www.chesterfield.co.uk/foodanddrinkawards.
Peter Swallow, Chair of Destination Chesterfield is now urging people to get nominating. He said: “Each year we get more and more nominations proving that we’re a town that appreciates good food and customer service. There are so many fantastic businesses and people working within them in the town. For them to have a chance of taking home one of the prestigious awards, they have to be nominated – their future is in your hands.”
“I hope the people of Chesterfield get behind us once again and nominate to help make the 2018 Food and Drink Awards 2018 the best yet.”
Once again, The Chesterfield College Group is the headline sponsor of the prestigious awards and will also be hosting the glittering awards ceremony in its Heart Space building later this year.
Julie Richards, Principal and Chief Executive of the Chesterfield College Group said: “It is fantastic to be able to support this annual celebration of the best of our local food and drink industry once again this year. The event highlights local talent in the industry at the same time as giving our catering and hospitality students some amazing opportunities to showcase their talent. I look forward to welcoming the shortlisted nominees to Chesterfield College in October.”
Nominations can be made across 10 categories in the 2018 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards include:
- Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
- Café/Tea Room of the Year – sponsored by Kier Group
- Gastro Pub of the Year
- Pub / Bar of the Year – sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
- Best Newcomer – sponsored by BHP Chartered Accountants
- Best Customer Service – sponsored by East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- Best Out of Town (within 10 miles of Chesterfield) – sponsored by Shorts Chartered Accountants
- International Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by MSE Hiller
- Family Friendly Award – sponsored by Jumble Creative Design
- Food Producer of the Year
Other supporters of the awards include the Apprentice Town initiative led by Chesterfield Borough Council, Casa Hotel, Derbyshire Times, Elder Way (Jomast), Owen Taylor & Sons, Peak FM and Reflections.