50 independent retailers in Chesterfield
There are many great independent retailers in Chesterfield town centre and across the borough.
From clothes to records and from toys to special gifts we are sure you will find something special from our friendly independent retailers!
Here is a list of 50 retailers businesses to try. Click on the name of the business to be taken to their website and learn more.
If you have experienced great customer service or found that unique gift? Make sure you leave a review or share a post on your social media and include #LoveChesterfield
Food and drink heaven in Chesterfield
Looking for tasty treats then try these independent retailers.
1. Cheese Factor – A family business that has been trading for 50 years, stocking 150 different cheeses from around the world in their town centre shop.
2. Brampton Brewery – Brampton is an award-winning brewery with a number of local pubs. Their beer seller shop stocks a range of alcoholic drinks to try.
3. Northern Tea Merchants – A tea and coffee lover’s dream. Over two million cups of their tea and coffee are enjoyed every week!
4. Hogg Norton – Award-winning independent producer and retailer of fruit liqueurs and other alcoholic beverages.
5. 4eyesbakery – Lots of tasty bakery and sweet treats to eat in or take away from this artisan bakery and coffee shop.
6. Teresa Lambarelli’s Italian Cafè and Pasta Bar – Not just a cafe and pasta bar, they also produce their own hand-crafted sauces, cook-at-home pasta boxes, salad dressings, pastes and biscotti.
7. Street Spirit – Stock an amazing and unique range of gin, spirits and beer in their store.
Marvelous markets in Chesterfield
Chesterfield was granted its market charter in 1204, now you can browse a range of independent traders across the outdoor market and market hall.
8. Chesterfield Markets – Lots of great traders and their products in the outdoor and indoor markets. You will be surprised what you can buy!
9. Steph’s Sustainable Stuff – Chesterfield’s first zero-waste shop based on our historic outdoor market. Meeting all your low and zero-waste needs.
10. The Market Co – Organiser of the Chesterfield Artisan Market and champion of artisan sellers. Chesterfield Artisan Market takes place on the last Sunday of the Month.
11. Charles Hedley – Award-winning retailer of pre-owned luxury fashion and watches located in Chesterfield Market Hall.
12. Shopslowtoad – Vintage clothing store located in Chesterfield Market Hall.
Finding the latest fashions in Chesterfield
From clothing boutiques to bridalwear, Chesterfield’s independent retailers will dress you with style.
14. Dotique – Women’s clothing boutique stocking the latest fashions.
15. Blanc – Leading independent womenswear retailer, based on Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield, selling a wide range of stunning clothes.
16. M’s Accessories – Boutique store located in The Yards in Chesterfield.
17. Little White Dress – Off the peg wedding store located on Chatsworth Road in Chesterfield.
18. Dressed4U – Budget-friendly boutique catering for special occasions!
19. Love Too True – North Derbyshire-based online fashion manufacturer and retailer.
Clothing for him
From vintage to formal and from an outfit for a night out to casual wear, Chesterfield’s independent retailers have got you covered.
20. Zebra – Well-established men’s retailer located near the Winding Wheel Theatre.
21. Rebel Menswear – Men’s clothing retailer located in the heart of Chesterfield.
22. Ingmans – Clothing retailer and cobbler based in Chesterfield town centre.
23. Brand Runner – Supplies the latest designer clothing and accessories at up to 80% off RRP!
24. YNOT Vintage – Specialises in mainly 80s and 90s vintage clothing sourced from around the world.
Find that perfect gift in Chesterfield
Discover unique gifts for the special ones in your life.
25. Shop Indie – Check out quirky, unique and independent gifts from the Vicar Lane store.
25. Libby’s Gift Shop – Libby’s is all about simple pleasures – enjoyable shopping with lots of unusual treasures in their gift shop.
26. Lucky Magpie Salvage – Over the years they have become incredibly knowledgeable in the world of unique finds and salvage. Supplying the likes of Pinewood Studios and assisting clients with stunning pieces for the home and business.
27. Huckleberry Willow – An emporium of design-led products, unusual gifts & home accessories.
28. West Studios is located on Sheffield Road and their shop has a range of unique gifts and cards from independent creative businesses.
Something sparkly for yourself or someone special
Whether you are looking for fine jewellery for that special occasion or costume jewellery for everyday use Chesterfield’s independent Jewellers have you covered.
29. Adorn Jewellers – Located in the Shambles, Adorn provides a range of unique jewellery and unusual wedding rings.
30. John Stevenson Jewellers – Established over 45 years ago, and still one of the most prestigious family jewellery businesses in Derbyshire.
31. C. W. Sellors – Located on Low Pavement in Chesterfield, C.W. Sellors is one of the UK’s leading independent fine jewellery and luxury watch retailers.
32. Stuart Bradley – Family-owned and run jewellers and gift shop situated right next to the Crooked Spire.
High street names supporting local
Don’t miss our shopping centres full of high street names as well as local independent gems.
33. Vicar Lane Shopping Centre – Discover lots of independent retail and food and drink businesses at Vicar Lane Shopping Centre. They organise some great events as well including outdoor cinema on their big screen.
34. Waterstones Chesterfield – The national book chain holds a great range of books by local authors and regularly hosts signing events.
Time to relax – Music, bikes, games and more!
However you like to spend your leisure time, Chesterfield’s retailers will be able to help you.
35. The Little Ark – Sustainable and eco-friendly toys and gifts for your little ones.
36. Geeks Headquarters – The perfect place to play trading card games, board games, roleplaying games and miniature games! They sell Magic the Gathering, Yu-gi Oh!, Pokemon and much much more!
37. R.D. Models – This Whittington Moor shop sells radio-controlled cars and more!
38. Tallbird Records – Chesterfield’s longest-established record shop. They sell new and old vinyl, second-hand CDs, record players, merchandise, artwork, books & other stuff!
39. Vanishing Point Records – Recently expanded independent vinyl store located in the Yards in Chesterfield.
40. J.E. James Chesterfield – Located just off the Whittington Moor roundabout J.E. James has been supporting people in Chesterfield to find the perfect bike for over 20 years.
41. Real Time Music – Perfect for every musician, find your latest instrument in the heart of Chesterfield.
Pick up clothes for your little ones.
Located on Packers Row in the heart of Chesterfield, this family-run store specialises in baby and children’s wear.
Home and furnishings
Find the perfect accessories for your home.
43. Etienne Blinds – Located close to Chesterfield Market Hall, Etienne provides a vast range of made-to-measure blinds, curtains and accessories to suit every need.
44. Now and Then – Quality home decorations and furnishing store located on Chatsworth Road.
45. Clarissa’s Interiors – Find those finishing touches for your home at Clarissa’s Interiors, located on Vicar Lane.
The best of the rest
There is such a diversity of retailers we couldn’t fit them all into our categories. So here are some more eclectic independents!
47. Hoods Florists – Florist based on Sheffield Road in Chesterfield.
48. Twelfth Craft – Once upon a time, in the heart of Chesterfield, there existed a magical shop called Twelfth Craft selling doll houses, scaled furniture, cards and gifts.
49. Barkworthy Dog Emporium – Everything you could ever need for your special pooch, unique handmade collars, healthy wholesome treats, birthday cakes, toys, bath goodies and even gifts for dog-loving humans!
50. The Glass Yard Speedshop – A haven for all things motorcycle-related, located at the Glass Yard.
You will also find out about new opens, latest news, events and ideas for things to do in Chesterfield at: