Consent for planning to regenerate this derelict area of the Chatsworth Road area of Chesterfield. was approved in January 2017.
The ‘Walton Works’ development, will see the restoration and conversion of the grade II* listed Walton Works building and Mill Terrace.
This proposal is for a mixed use hybrid, planning and listed building applications for approximately 3803sqm of retail floor space, but also including a public house and residential development.
The development will include:
- 3,430m2 new retail developments
- 564m2 new public house
- Conversion of the listed Walton Mill with 1,430 m2 retail/commercial space on the ground floor and 26 residential apartments above – alternate uses for the Mill may be considered.
- 22 dwellings close to Mill – 11 in existing listed cottages – 11 new
- Two residential blocks containing 76 dwellings
- 300 new dwellings on Boythorpe Works
Click on the images below to download the full site plans.