Thinking of launching a new business in 2022? Here’s why Chesterfield is the perfect place to start
Have you been thinking about a career change lately? Maybe you’ve always dreamed of starting your own business and following your passion.
Well there’s no better time than now to make those dreams a reality, and here in Chesterfield there’s a wide array of support available to kickstart your new business.
Find out below about what’s on offer to help you start the ball rolling, and why 2022 could be the year you become your own boss!
Vision Derbyshire business start-up support scheme
In light of the difficulties faced by businesses during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Vision Derbyshire initiative was set up to help would-be entrepreneurs based in Derbyshire get their businesses up and running, to help create jobs and keep the local economy thriving.
A team of local expert business advisors are in place to offer free advice and support and funding of up to £10,000 per applicant is also available as part of the scheme.
D2N2 Business Starter Programme
If you’re looking for somewhere to start, but aren’t quite sure how to get a new business set up, D2N2’s Business Starter Programme is a great place to begin.
It’s a dynamic project helping people in communities throughout Derbyshire to start their own business through a programme of themed workshops and one-to-one support.
The scheme has successfully supported over 190 businesses to start and thrive in Derbyshire, and your’s could be next!
D2N2 Growth Hub
The good news is that the support on offer doesn’t just help you with getting started, there are a number of schemes in place to help you along your business journey as you continue to grow.
The D2N2 Growth Hub provides businesses in our region with a single point of access to business support.
The team of Growth Hub Business Advisers and a dedicated telephone enquiry service have the knowledge, skills and expertise to signpost you to the right initiatives and resources to support your business growth.
Chesterfield Digital High Street
If you’re setting up a new company in the modern age, it will be important to ensure your business is as visible and resilient as possible.
That’s where the Chesterfield Digital High Street scheme comes in. Support and funding is available to help you set up a fully search engine optimised e-commerce website.
Alongside this, a team of expert advisors will be able to signpost you to a number of great new ways to attract customers and sell goods, both in-person and online!
Chesterfield Innovation Support Programme
Chesterfield’s Innovation Support Programme (Chesterfield Borough Council) is a project which aims to increase the level of support available to businesses in the Chesterfield area.
The project has been set up to offer a variety of funded support which includes:
- one-to-one business reviews
- workshops, seminars and networking events
- access to specialist innovation advisers
- support to identify potential funding choices
For further information on the Innovation Support Programme, contact Adrian Williamson, Innovation Support Project Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great workspaces available to suit your every need
Another benefit of setting up your business here in Chesterfield is the ability to get your hands on quality, affordable office space to suit all budgets and requirements.
Here’s a list of some of the places you may want to look into:
- Dunston and Tapton Innovation Centres – Chesterfield Innovation Centres are designed to assist small to medium sized businesses to successfully innovate and grow. They can offer you professional help in a friendly atmosphere.
- Northern Gateway Enterprise Centre – This brand-new development is due for completion in early 2022 and will provide modern office space for start-up and medium sized businesses on the site of Holywell Cross (Donut) car park, right in the middle of town.
- West Studios – West Studios’ main aim has always been supporting SME growth within the creative sector and within Chesterfield. Situated on the Chesterfield College campus, the building has a range of shared studio spaces and offers a virtual office service too.
- Great 2 – Great2 supports local entrepreneurs and growing small businesses across Derbyshire. The company also offers business operations and marketing support services to help owners scale up.
- Monkey Park- This community organisation thinks about workspaces differently, and provides a great place to work with none of the strings like leases attached.
- Loundsley Green– Alongside providing affordable office space, the Loundsley Green Enterprise Centre is able to provide 1-to-1 enterprise coaching to people considering starting their own business and working for themselves.
If there’s nothing on the above list that suits your needs, there’s no need to worry! Chesterfield Borough Council’s expert economic development team can run a property search and help you find the perfect location.
Join Chesterfield Champions and become a part of the local business community
If you are growing your organisation in Chesterfield or North Derbyshire and are looking for marketing and business support, Chesterfield Champions is a great way to get your name out there locally.
For a small annual contribution towards the wider marketing of the town, the initiative can help you build relationships with likeminded organisations and keep up to date with local news and developments.
There are a range of opportunities for Chesterfield Champions from senior networking events and priority invitations including consultation events to media opportunities and a profile on the Chesterfield business directory.