Apprentice Town Vision and Charter
Apprentice Town is a partnership that seeks to develop Chesterfield as a leading Apprenticeship Destination. Chesterfield is a town where young people, parents and businesses think Apprenticeship First.
As members, they will:
- Raise Awareness of Apprenticeship opportunities, promoting all aspects of apprenticeships provision including traineeships, higher level apprentices and align this with opportunities emerging in the local economy.
- Work in partnership to increase the number, levels and quality of apprenticeships available that are accessible and achievable by all
- Deliver high quality apprenticeship training and promote provision that supports future employment prospects of the apprentice and the needs of the business
- Work with employers to encourage a high commitment to apprenticeships and/or traineeships in their workplaces and think Apprenticeship First with regards to their workforce planning.
- Promote co-operative working across the education, business and learning community to ensure that their Apprentice Town Vision is realised.
- Celebrate Apprenticeship success in Chesterfield through ensuring positive stories are shared. This should include the success of the apprentice as well as the positive impact on the business
- Empower, prepare and encourage young people to attend and participate in any apprenticeship events delivered locally.
- Ensure the benefits of apprenticeships are at the heart of growth in Chesterfield.
If you are a local business or skills provider and would be interested in getting involved, please contact Emily Williams, Skills Delivery Officer at Chesterfield Borough Council: email Emily.Williams@Chesterfield.gov.uk or call 01246 959717.