D2N2 Skills Access Hub
Services for employers:
The D2N2 Skills Access Hub is a 3 year project, which offers skills advice and support to small and medium sized businesses based across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire (D2N2).
Through the project, businesses can access free impartial advice from experienced Skills Advisors to address current and future skills gaps. The dedicated team of Skills Advisers work with businesses on a one-to-one basis, to scope out skills needs and explore relevant opportunities.
Support through the Skills Access Hub can include but not limited to:
• Accessing training to upskill existing employees
• Working with providers to tailor training opportunities for specific business needs
• Accessing guidance on recruitment and HR
• Exploring Apprenticeships, Graduate placements and/or Internships
• Linking with education and/or training providers to support curriculum design
• Exploring funding opportunities for training
Nottingham City Council are the accountable body and lead partner on the D2N2 Skills Access Hub project, and are also a Gateway organisation for Kickstart. The D2N2 Skills Access Hub Advisers can support SMEs in D2N2 to access the Kickstart scheme.
Sectors they provide training for:
They can support SMEs from any sector, as long as they are based within D2N2. They work with a wide range of education and training providers across D2N2 to ensure they connect SMEs to the most relevant skills support for their needs and circumstances.
For further information and enquiries:
More information can be found on the D2N2 Skills Access Hub website.
Any enquiries can be sent to their email, SkillsAccessHub.Admin@nottinghamcity.gov.uk.