Consent for planning to regenerate this derelict area of the Chatsworth Road area of Chesterfield was approved in January 2017.
The £56million ‘Walton Mill’ development, will see the restoration and conversion of the grade II* listed Walton Works building and Mill Terrace.
This proposal is for a mixed use hybrid, planning and listed building applications for approximately 3803sqm of retail floor space, but also including a public house and residential development.
The development will include:
- 4,500m2 new retail developments
- 564m2 new public house
- Conversion of the listed Walton Mill with 1,430 m2 retail/commercial space on the ground floor and 26 residential apartments above – alternate uses for the Mill may be considered.
- 22 dwellings close to Mill – 11 in existing listed cottages – 11 new
- Two residential blocks containing 76 dwellings
- 300 new dwellings on Boythorpe Works
Click on the images below to download the full site plans.