First Aid for Mental Health
A whopping 37% of all work-related ill health and 45% of all working days lost are due to mental health problems.
By supporting staff with their mental health needs, their productivity will increase and costs associated with employees calling in sick can be reduced. A better workplace experience, one that supports the mental health and wellbeing of employees, will lead to a happier, more dedicated workforce.
This one day Ofqual regulated course is for those who’d like to support staff to improve their mental health, and create an open, honest environment where people can talk and be signposted to professional help.
At the end of this course, the learners will:
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for Mental Health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Know how to recognise a range of mental health conditions
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understand the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace