Support for International Trade
Is your business looking for support for international trade? If so, read on for links to helpful exporting and importing services.
Should my business trade internationally?
Are you considering exporting or importing? Then, have an initial conversation with Chesterfield Innovation Support Project.
The project has been set up to offer a variety of funded support for business which includes:
- one-to-one business reviews
- workshops, seminars and networking events
- access to specialist innovation advisers
- support to identify potential funding choices
A one-to-one business review may help you decide if international trade is the right for your business.
For more information, contact Adrian Williamson, Innovation Support Project Manager at Chesterfield Borough Council on 07805 764251 or email@example.com.
Looking for government guidance?
Check out the Department for Business & Trade website. The site shows you how to export, where to export, and how to make an export plan.
You’ll find information about the Export Support Service, which answers questions on exporting and where UK businesses can access support.
You can join the UK Export Academy. Through both online and in-person events, you can learn how to sell confidently to overseas customers.
You can also get in touch with the local trade office and one of their advisors will then support your business.
Discover more at great.gov.uk.
What markets should I consider?
Without a doubt, you will want a clear understanding of which overseas markets would be suitable for your business.
The Department for Business & Trade website has useful guides to all the key overseas markets.
Firstly, the guides explain each market including, the growth potential, the key sectors, information on trade barriers, and any duties and export rules. Then, you can find information on doing business and operating within each country.
Furthermore, the website’s search facility allows you to select your industry sector. Therefore, finding the best areas for you to operate easily.
Local support for international trade
East Midlands Chamber offers a range of services to support exporters and importers:
- Your Export Office – The Chamber provides for every aspect of export administration, filling any skills gaps.
- Chamber Customs Declarations – The service is offered direct to businesses, ensuring that customs clearance is accurate, timely and avoids costs through delays or errors.
- ATA Carnets – ATA Carnets act as a passport for goods. The Chamber can handle the enquiries and practical elements for you.
- Export Documentation Services – The Chamber issues around 20,000 export documents each year accompanying over £500m worth of goods.
- International Trade Training – The Chamber offers a wide range of training courses to support your import and export activities.
- Advice and Support – Advisors can guide you through the process of trading overseas.