Nominate now in the 2019 Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards
Nominations are now open for Chesterfield’s premier food and drink awards.
Ahead of the glittering awards ceremony at the Winding Wheel, Destination Chesterfield is calling on people to nominate their favourite restaurants, bars, cafés, pubs, food producers and tearooms in the 2019 awards.
Nominations across 10 award categories can be made online until midnight on Sunday 12 May at https://www.chesterfield.co.uk/foodanddrinkawards .
The categories include:
- Chesterfield Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
- Café/Tea Room of the Year – sponsored by Kier Group
- Gastro Pub of the Year – sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
- Pub / Bar of the Year – sponsorship opportunity available
- Best Newcomer – sponsored by BHP Chartered Accountants
- Best Customer Service – sponsored by East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire)
- Best Out of Town (within 10 miles of Chesterfield) – sponsored by Shorts Chartered Accountants
- International Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by MSE Hiller
- Family Friendly Award – sponsored by Jumble Creative Design
- Food Producer of the Year – sponsored by Edge Events Management Ltd
The shortlisted businesses will be revealed in July, including the shortlist for the coveted Restaurant of the Year title, which was won by Bottle & Thyme in 2018.
Peter Swallow, Chair of Destination Chesterfield, urged people to get nominating. He commented: “It’s important that we recognise the contribution the town’s growing food and drink sector is making to the local economy. Many of the businesses within it are also helping put Chesterfield on the map nationally. The awards are designed to ensure that we recognise and celebrate businesses in the sector. If you have a favourite, make sure you nominate them.”
Julie Richards, Principal and Chief Executive of Chesterfield College Group, which is the headline sponsor of the awards, said: “We are delighted to be the headline sponsor of the Chesterfield Food and Drink Awards for 2019. The event is one of the highlights of the year and a mutually-beneficial partnership between Destination Chesterfield and the college.”
Other supporters of the awards include Apprentice Town (led by Chesterfield Borough Council), Casa Hotel, Derbyshire Times, Elder Way (Jomast Developments), FEAST – Food and Drink Forum, Hoods Florist, Learning Unlimited (The Chesterfield College Group), Magnifica, Owen Taylor & Sons, Peak FM and Reflections Magazine (Bannister Publications Ltd).
To find out more about the awards, please visit: https://www.chesterfield.co.uk/foodanddrinkawards/