Current Job Vacancies
Destination Chesterfield Coordinator (Champions & Events)
Are you passionate about Chesterfield? Could you help us organise popular commercial events – from conferences to awards ceremonies? Do you have excellent customer service and administration skills?
At Destination Chesterfield we work with and support over 200 organisations to raise the profile of Chesterfield and North Derbyshire, if your skill-set aligns with this vacancy then we’d love to hear from you.
- Contract: Fixed term until 31 May 2022 to cover a secondment, part-time (21 hours per week)
- Based at: Chesterfield, S41 8ND with part-week agile working. Additional travel may be required4
- Salary: £9,900 to £11,400 (£16,500 to £19,000 FTE) per annum – dependent on experience
1. WHY THE POST EXISTS
Covering a team members secondment this post will deliver the day-to-day operation of the Chesterfield Champions network and Destination Chesterfield’s commercial event programme. The postholder will also work with the rest of the team to promote the town, attract investment and support businesses through the delivery of the Destination Chesterfield implementation plan.
2. THE KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- To manage the day-to-day operation of the Chesterfield Champions network.
- To manage the day-to day organisation of the Destination Chesterfield’s commercial events programme and Champion events, such as breakfast meetings, awards ceremonies and other events.
3. IDEALLY APPLICANTS WILL POSSESS
- Experience of developing strong customer relationships and proactively meeting the needs of customers.
- Experience of offering administration support.
- Experience of issuing invoices and ensuring payment is received.
For more information please click here to view the job description and person specification.
4. WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
5. HOW TO APPLY
If you have an enthusiastic approach to your work and feel you could make a significant contribution to our organisation, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you believe that you will add value to the role and the Chamber to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘DC2′ or post to the noted address.
Applications that do not include both a CV and covering letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Thursday 19 August 2021.
- Due to current Government guidance relating to Covid-19, all interviews are scheduled to take place via Microsoft Teams video call.
- Please advise in your application any personal notes relating to Government guidance for Covid-19.
- The interviews are expected to take place on 7 September 2021.
- We will endeavour to best support all candidates based on their current circumstances and we hope that you are staying safe and well.
7. COMPANY STATEMENT
East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) T/A Destination Chesterfield is an equal opportunities employer and Disability Confident Leader. It positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic communities and disabled people as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
The Chamber is open to exploring agile working opportunities which benefit both the individual and the business. The business is dedicated to retaining talent and therefore it may decide to prioritise and support internal applicants during recruitment exercises. All applicants are required to disclose any unspent convictions or cautions and company director disqualifications in their covering letter.