Chesterfield Town Centre
Shopping in Chesterfield town centre is an enjoyable experience
The compact, friendly environment of Chesterfield town centre is home to high street names, a wealth of independents and of course the town’s famous outdoor market. Explore narrow medieval streets such as The Shambles for unique independent shops or visit Vicar Lane and The Pavements Shopping Centre for popular high street names. And don’t forget Chesterfield market, one of the biggest open-air markets in the country.
Specialty Shops in Chesterfield Town Centre
- StraightCurves – friendly Saltergate-based studio stocking a range of great gifts including craft kits, local artwork, unique, handmade products, vouchers for creative workshops and courses and more…
- Geek Headquarters – The perfect place to play trading card games, boardgames, roleplaying and miniature games. They also sell magic the gathering, Yu-gi Oh!, Pokemon and much much more.
- Cheese Factor – A specialist cheese shop which stocks over 130 different cheeses from around the world.
- John Stevenson Jewellers – Established over 50 years ago, is one of the most prestigious family jewellery businesses in Derbyshire.
- H&F Furniture – H&F is an independent, family run business that has been in the furniture and interiors business since 1993
- Etienne Curtians and Blinds – With a combined 60 years experience in the window fashion business, Etienne believe they are the most knowledgeable blind and curtain suppliers in the local area, with experience in sales, manufacturing and installation.
Chesterfield Market has become one of the largest open air markets in the area. You can find a wide range of products at exceptional value including fruit and vegetables, clothes, fabrics and household goods.
Chesterfield Market Hall
The Market Hall reopened in October 2013 following a major four million pound refurbishment. There’s an improved shopping mix from mobile phone and watch repairs to butchery and seafood.
An open air shopping centre close to the Market. Shops include H & M, T J Hughes, Waterstones, Claire’s Accessories, River Island, Clintons, New Look and many more!
The Pavements Shopping Centre
The Pavements Shopping Centre is undercover and easily accessible shopping centre home to many major high street names such as Tesco, Boots, Poundland and WHSmith, plus a variety of quality independent retailers. A range of events and activities regularly take place in The Pavements, from face painting to live music.
A collection of narrow medieval streets which are home to a range of independent traders and The Royal Oak, one of Britain’s oldest pubs.
A dozen unique and independent shops situated just behind the main shopping thoroughfare in a historic part of the town centre.
Out of Town Shopping
There are also a unique selection of independent traders to discover just outside of the town centre, as well as a 100,000 square foot retail park where you can find recently opened Debenhams.