Invest in Chesterfield
Invest in Chesterfield Campaign
Chesterfield is undergoing a renaissance with over £1 billion of regeneration in progress and more planned over the next 20 years including the development of an HS2 Maintenance Depot and station in the town.
The Invest in Chesterfield Campaign supports the delivery of the objectives of the Chesterfield Local Plan Core Strategy, Town Centre Masterplan and the Chesterfield Growth Strategy.
Destination Chesterfield and Chesterfield Borough Council’s Economic Development Team have worked in partnership since October 2010 to attract new investment; support existing businesses to grow; raising awareness of opportunities in the town; creating a consistent brand identity and building strong working relationships with, D2N2LEP, Derbyshire Economic Partnership, Derbyshire County Council, Marketing Derby Ltd, Sheffield City Region LEP and UKTI
Activity includes place marketing of Chesterfield to raise awareness and change perceptions of the town and focused activity in the key target investment sectors.
The activity focuses on the following targets sectors for investment:
- Leisure & Retail – Working with partners to attract premium, family and independent operators to the town;
- Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering – Build on Chesterfield’s heritage for manufacturing and engineering in metals and to maximise the opportunities around the development of the HS2 Maintenance depot in the borough; There should be a focus on low carbon industries as part of this activity.
- Living – Attracting developers, funders and operators to continue to develop new housing in the borough especially in and around the town centre.
- Office – Working with developers to improve, adapt and increase the stock of office accommodation in the town and to attract end users and allow indigenous businesses to adapt to new space requirement following the coronavirus outbreak and the rise of homeworking.
- Logistics and Distribution – Working with partners to attract logistic and distribution companies to locate on the M1 Corridor in Chesterfield.
As well as these key target sectors, Destination Chesterfield will continue to work with indigenous businesses and supporting them to grow and the encouragement of start-up businesses to locate in one of the town’s innovation or incubation centres. There will be further work with the regions property sector and intermediaries to develop their role to bring forward development, supporting growth and attracting new investment to Chesterfield.
The team will continue to provide an enquiry service for incoming investment and property enquiries from UKTI, Sheffield City Region LEP, local and national agents and end-users.
Key Activity from 2020 – 2023
- Ongoing investment and property services
- Delivery of Invest in D2N2 ERDF Project
- Creation of the Chesterfield Property Group
- Refresh Invest in Chesterfield Campaigns and content
- Continued delivery of the Chesterfield Investment Summit