Chesterfield Market at Christmas
Browse bustling markets for marvellous gifts and treats
Chesterfield Market days over Christmas
Extra trading dates have been added to Chesterfield’s historic open-air market in the run-up to Christmas, so you can get everything you need in time for the big day at a time that suits you!
Throughout November, the market will be trading as usual every Monday, Friday and Saturday, with the popular Flea Market taking place on Thursdays. From Thursday 14th December 2023, Chesterfield Market trades every day up until Sunday 24th December 2023.
A special market day will take place on Sunday, 19th November 2023 for the return of the town’s big annual Christmas Lights Switch On and Market.
Chesterfield Market Hall
Check out the opening times for Chesterfield Market Hall over the festive period.
The Market Hall is open Monday to Saturday from 8.30am to 5.00pm. Visit to buy a range of food or presents ahead of Christmas. It will also be open various Sunday’s throughout November and December:
- On Sunday 19th November, the Market Hall will be open 11am – 5pm as the annual Christmas Light Switch On takes place in the town
- Sunday 17th December open 10am – 4pm (Hodkin & Elliotts Butchers Closed)
- Sunday 24th December open 10am – 4pm (Elliott’s 10am – 1pm)
Here are the opening times between Christmas Day and New Years:
- Monday 25th December – Christmas Day Closed
- Tuesday 26th December – Boxing Day Closed
- Wednesday 27th December – Normal hours. Café closing at 3pm.
- Thursday 28th December – Normal hours
- Friday 29th December – Normal hours
- Saturday 30th December – Normal hours
- Sunday 31st December New Years Eve – Closed
- Monday 1st January New Years Day 2024 – Closed
- Tuesday 2nd January – Normal hours
See a full list of shops and traders in Chesterfield Market Hall here.
Take the kids to meet Santa in his magical grotto upstairs in the Market Hall. Booking is essential, check when Santa will be at his grotto here.
Chesterfield Artisan Market
Looking for a treat for someone special or a unique Christmas present? If so, Chesterfield Artisan Market is the event to visit.
Sunday 26th November and Sunday 17th December 2023 from 10am to 4pm.
Chesterfield Vegan Market
Retailers will be selling a range of goods including cakes, cheese, bread, chocolates, sweets, candles, jams and spices at the Chesterfield Vegan Market.
Sunday 5th November and Sunday 3rd December 2023 from 10am to 4pm.
Chesterfield Record Fair
Those attending Chesterfield Record Fair can browse the stalls selling vinyls, CDs, DVDs as well as rock and pop memorabilia.
Sunday 12th November and Sunday 10th December 2023 from 10am to 4pm.